Are you in the mood of swimming? We have chosen for you all the beaches that are close to Attica!!
1. Edem Beach: (Posidonos Avenue 72, Palaio Faliro) This beach is very close to Athens and easily accessible with Tram&Bus. What buses you should get to get there?(217, A1, B1, B2) / or you could get the Tram from Syntagma Square/Piraeus to Asklipio Voulas
2. Agios Kosmas: (Agios Kosmas, Elliniko) Next beach is Agios kosmas plaz which is basically 10-15 minutes after Edem Beach. It is easily accessible with Tram&Bus
3. Glyfada: is located on the Southern Suburbs of Athens and has many options for swimming, you can either swim in a public beach or drink your coffee/cocktail and swim in a private beach!!
It is easy accessible with Bus&Tram(You could get A1 from Piraeus, A2 from Syntagma Square, 122 from Elliniko metro station **Red line**)
4. Voula: is a seaside place with many beaches.. the last stop of Tram(if you get it from Syntagma or Piraeus) is Asklipio Voulas, there you can find many beaches to swim and have fun!
5. Kavouri beach(Vouliagmeni)
6. Vouliagmeni: just after Voula you will find Vouliagmeni, an ideal place for Summer!!!
How is vouliagmeni Beach right now?Vouliagmeni Camera
You could get there by Bus, the easiest way is by the bus(122), you can take it from Elliniko Metro Station(Direction to Glyfada)
8. Varkiza: You’ve passed Limanakia and you want a place where you can swim and enjoy a fine meal? If yes is the answer then Varkiza is the right place for you, you could swim at Yabanaki or in one of the public beaches around, how to get there? the easiest way is by car/bike but if you don’t have one then you could take public transportation, the 122 Bus
9. Lagonisi: is full of public beaches&hidden beach bars!How to get there? by the same bus like varkiza or by car/bike
10. Saronida: So you have seen almost every part of the South coast of Attica, Saronida is pretty much like Lagonisi and is the last stop of the bus 122 so if you don’t have a car this means that your trip is ending here or you could hitchhike for more sea pleasure 😉